Experience. Dedication. Trust. Passion for the art and craft in their role. We’ve hired for these qualities. We choose our partners using the same criteria. The difference creates efficiencies, morale, and ultimately, better work.
What's in a great team?
Mario brings over 23 years of technical expertise in designing and building commercial properties.
From the shape of his business to commercial and interior spaces, he takes a user-centred approach to whatever he builds. This people first approach has also built relationships–with developers, tenants and Trades–that result in returns for all parties. Mario is as proud of the reputation he’s built among peers and partners as he is of the spaces Ingenuity has built.
Mario’s stats at a glance:
- Graduate of George Brown College’s Architectural Technologist Program in 1990.
- Progressed into key roles during his 15 year career at various architectural and construction firms.
- Has successfully run his own architectural services firm since 1995.
- Mario was inspired to create a construction company that produces high-quality work after 22 years of observing General Contractors who cut corners.
- As a Managing Partner and Owner-In-Charge of Field Operations, Mario interacts with each client to ensure their satisfaction throughout the entire construction process.
Matthew’s interests lie in sustainable building practices and the future of construction and development. His expertise is informed by his Master’s of Applied Science and Engineering from the University of Toronto.
Matthew’s form of OCD manifests in his documentation. He found one of the few fields where he can be rewarded for exquisite attention to detail. Rather than frustrating his colleagues, architects, designers and engineers appreciate the consideration he takes and the feedback he gives.
Matthew’s stats at a glance:
- Graduate of University of Toronto’s Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering with a Master of Applied Science degree in 2008.
- Received his LEED certified AP designation from the Green Build Council of Canada in 2009.
- Obtained his Professional Engineer License from the Professional Engineers of Ontario in 2012.
- 10 years of experience in the construction industry includes a comprehensive spectrum of projects in the commercial and industrial sectors. Experienced in all facets of project management, he handles construction projects from pre-construction to the close-out process.
- As a Managing Partner and Owner-In-Charge of Project Management and Delivery, Matthew ensures each project schedule is managed efficiently and with a high degree of quality.
Ingenuity has a great formula: Do work in a way that earns your client’s trust and your peer’s respect. Peter’s job is to scale that process. Peter is leading the design and implementation of Ingenuity’s scaling up strategy with the goal of expanding into new markets and building upon Ingenuity’s impressive growth to date. It’s a great role for someone who’s as passionate about business in general as he is about his own. And Peter’s range offers our clients an advocate on our team with perspective on how a physical space might impact business areas they hadn’t considered.
Peter’s stats at a glance:
- Graduate of Queen’s School of Business with a Masters in Business Administration in 2002.
- Peter has held Executive Vice President and General Manager positions across a number of industries with expertise in building and leading high-performance teams, developing and executing sales and marketing plans, and leading Business to Business P&L’s.
Permitting, applications, POs, change orders, contracts, drawing packages, contact lists, trades lists, site documentation, notice of projects, making sure everyone has the documents they need. Project Coordinators are responsible for 1001 things. They make sure nothing falls through the cracks. And there are a lot of cracks.
An obsessive note-taker, Lisa measures her effectiveness in details per square foot. She’s on our team–and our team is as strong as it is–because she’s driven by getting whatever she needs to-do, done.
Site Superintendant is a serious role. Addressing project details, considering the fluid reality of a building project, takes experience. And ensuring the health and safety of your team is a responsibility that only a few are cut out for. Ernie is–he’s like Clint Eastwood & Macgyver rolled into one.
Ernie’s the serious, detail-oriented, experienced health and safety guru who kicked off our COR certification training (the highest level of IHSA safety certification). You know the unknown unknowns? Ernie does. Troubleshooting is his resting state, and his ability to keep projects moving smoothly puts even the most fastidious project managers at ease.
Site Superintendant is a serious role. Addressing project details, considering the fluid reality of a building site, takes experience. And ensuring the health and safety of your team is a responsibility that only a few are cut out for. Thomas is one of them.
Thomas solves problems in motion. He has exceptional technical skills, and the patience in and interest to communicate project process and building details that keep clients informed. He’s in his element on Corporate Interiors projects, but whatever the build, he’s your man on the inside.
Site Superintendant is a serious role. Addressing project details, considering the fluid reality of a building site, takes experience. And ensuring the health and safety of your team is a responsibility that only a few are cut out for. Juan is an EIT: an Ernie in Training. And we don’t say that lightly.
Driven, thorough, and committed, Juan took a plan to work in construction and carved a path towards his goal. Experience working for the biggest organizations in our industry led Juan to seek out a challenge where he could apply the breadth of his strengths. The Site Super role throws plenty of new scenarios he can add to his knowledge set.
A Site Assistant is a blend of Rover and Pinch hitter. They’re an extra pair of hands for both odd jobs and specific jobs. A reliable team player with a solid work ethic, they need to be willing to get their hands dirty.
When they’re as solid as Brandon, they give our team more flexibility in the field.
Bio coming soon!
Bio coming soon!
Bio coming soon!